tutorial. I decided to make my own tutorial, so it looks more like a sweatshirt. It is based on Hungry Hippie's tutorial, but it is slightly different design.
Materials: jersey knit fabric (or some other soft, stretchy, drapey fabric), scissors, sewing machine, something to draw on your fabric with, long sleeve shirt that fits
1. Fold your fabric in half, so that the fold forms your shoulders and the top of your sleeves. Place your shirt on top and draw around it, leaving a large seam allowance. Make your sleeves big and narrow them down at the cuffs. Cut out a large neck so that it is off the shoulder.
2. Cut out your sleeve cuffs by the length you want and double the width you want. Cut out a waistband as long as it wraps around your waist by 6" and a neckband with a 3" width.
3. Sew up the sides of the shirt and the bottom of your sleeves. Turn right side out.
4. Fold your cuffs in half lengthwise and sew the ends together for your cuff. You will now have a double layer tube. Repeat with the second cuff piece. Sew it onto your sleeves.
5. Repeat step four with your waistband and sew it to the bottom of your shirt. Make sure it is big enough to fit around you, mine's kind of small.
Wear with pride! :)